Post date: June 27, 2018
Full-Time or Part-Time
Culver City or Remote
Compensation: DOE, Depends on Full/Part Time Status
- Assist the production team in achieving technical quality standards while meeting production schedules
- Provide technical experience in LiDAR data processing and production
- Troubleshoot and solve routine LiDAR data processing issues
- Adhere to budgets for project and task level
- Meet day-to-day schedule and budget compliance
- Communicate with team leads on issues affecting schedules, budgets, and technical issues
- Perform technical troubleshooting for day-to-day issues
- Participate in document and procedure reviews and updates
- Adhere to safety and security policies
- Document personal metrics and quality on assigned projects
- Extract 2d and 3d information from the data and generate CAD mapping for delivery
- Work individually and as a team member
- Other duties as assigned. You should take ownership of your work and offer more creative or efficient solutions to processes as you see them.
- 2 years of experience in LiDAR production, base mapping and CAD mapping
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geography, GIS or related discipline or 6 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience using software tools and packages for LiDAR processing and management, image processing and feature extraction such as AutoCAD, Microstation, Terrasolid and GeoCue or other similar 3D mapping software packages desired
- Additional software experience with Corpscon, POS PAC MMS/ and Global mapper preferred
- Excellent computer skills are required
- Must have the desire to learn new technologies, software, hardware, methodologies and assist the LIDAR team to operate at maximum efficiency
- Demonstrate energy, drive and passion for LIDAR
- Pay strict attention to details and always be focused on maximizing production while maintaining quality control
- Work well with others, be team oriented, helpful and a good problem solver
- Exercise strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical information from procedure manuals, written and verbal instruction, guidelines and Standard Operating Proceduce
- Ability to understand 3D surface modeling and 3D visualization concepts
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Adhere to deadlines and high volume of work
- May or may not require a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record
The person in this part-time position will typically be assigned hours between 8:30 am to 5:30 pm on Monday through Friday. This person should be willing to travel to training/testing sites, or to work beyond normal hours, should the need arise.
Founded in 2012, Phoenix LiDAR was the first to introduce commercial drone LiDAR to the market, in what is now a global industry. When organizations seek to digitize the physical world, whether for surveying, archeology, film, or more, Phoenix LiDAR builds them a fully integrated UAV LiDAR system, combining our hardware and software with an assortment of sensors to create a customized system that is ready to fly.
If you believe that you’re a match, please contact us. Explain why you are the best person for the position (cover letter not required) and in the subject line, include your name and the job title. We are happy to train the right person.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.