Your privacy is important to us. Phoenix LiDAR Systems (“PLS,” “we,” “us,” etc.) is a global company and we process your personal data when you interact with us by visiting our website, purchasing our products, or using our services. This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Phoenix LiDAR, including our products, like LiDARMill, Flight Planner, our websites, and other vehicles of interaction.
2. Information We Collect
By “personal data,” we mean information regarding an identified or identifiable individual. Depending on the context of your interactions with us, we collect and use different types of personal data. We may use personal data from those registering to use our services, clients, potential clients, partners, potential partners, website visitors, employees, or potential employees.
If you provide information about other individuals authorized to use your subscription account, you represent that you have permission from these individuals. PLS disclaims any legal duty to verify the accuracy or completeness of any personal information provided to us.
We use third-party services, like Google Analytics, to collect information for the purpose of optimizing our website and service offerings.
3. Children’s Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information on children under age 13. The content of our website and the products and services available are not intended for, or directed to, children under age 13.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
The purposes for which we collect and use your personal data may vary depending on the type of relationship you have with us, such as if you apply for a position with our company, if you are one of our clients or service providers, or a user of one of our websites or online services.
- Recruitment: to consider candidates for employment
- Communications and account management: to establish or maintain services, manage communication
- Marketing and analytics: to send newsletters, offers, or programs that may be of interest to you, perform data analyses to determine usage and optimize sales and marketing
- Business development: to operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the analysis and enhancement of our products, services, and websites, and developing new products and services.
- Security: to protect against abuse of services, criminal activity, and other liabilities.
- Administrative management: to perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities.
- Compliance with laws: to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
5. Legal Basis for Data Collection and Use
PLS only collects and uses personal data when there is a fair and legal basis for its collection and use, for instance, when the collection of personal data is necessary to enter into a contract, to meet our legitimate interests, to comply with legal obligations, or when we have your consent.
Marketing activities are usually based on your consent or to an existing business relationship with us. However, you can opt-out of these communications anytime and free of charge by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the message, or by contacting us using the information below.
6. Information We Share
At times, PLS engages third-party contractors, service providers, and others to help us accomplish our business objectives. This may be to send newsletters, fulfill services you request, manage our marketing activities, etc. These vendors may collect and use information to prepare advertising that is most appealing to our customers.
In certain circumstances, PLS may be required to disclose personal information when required by law, or to protect our legal rights.
7. Retention Periods
We only keep personal data in our records as long as they are necessary for the purposes they have been processed. The retention periods are established considering our business purposes and according to local regulations such as tax, employment law and other commercial regulations.
8. Your Choices
For questions or requests regarding the choices listed below, or any other matter pertaining to this document, contact us using the information below. Please be aware that to protect your security and privacy, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to making changes to your personal information. Modifying or deleting your personal information may affect our ability to provide services to you.
- Opt In, Opt Out, Unsubscribe: When you opt in for our newsletter, you receive access to the latest updates on your system, new product launches, and other news from us and our partners. We protect your privacy by emailing you for opt-in confirmation, and by including an “unsubscribe” link in our newsletters. You may also change your preferences by contacting us, and we will update our system as soon as possible.
- Right to access your own personal data: you have the right to obtain confirmation of whether and how we process your personal data, as well as the right to obtain a copy of this data by contacting us.
- Erasure, correction, objection and other requests: You have the right to obtain erasure, and correction of your personal data, under certain conditions. You may also object at any time to the processing of your personal information, based on your specific situation. In this case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal obligations. For all the processing operations that are based on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time and we will stop those processing operations. To exercise these rights, contact us.
- Marketing Practices: We use Google Analytics to track standard website usage, which enables us to make decisions that help to optimize the content we offer. We also base our marketing outreach to you based on the type of services you purchase from us, the information you supply to us at trade shows, events, or through other communications. You may opt out of these activities by contacting us by the methods described above.
- Right to portability: You may obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured or commonly used and machine-readable format where technically feasible. For help contact us using the methods described above.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you are not satisfied with our response.
9. Cross Border Transfers
10. Intended Use of Personal Data
Most of our online services do not require any form of registration. Some services may require you to provide us with personal data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold data, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site, or for us to respond to your query.
11. Notification of Changes
12. Data Controller and Contact Information
PLS is the data controller in our relationship with you. You can contact us at any time to correct, delete, or request access to information that we have about you.
Phoenix LiDAR Systems
GDPR Compliance / Marketing Dept.
10131 National Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90034